Monday 1 June 2015

Joyeux Fête des Mères!!!! It was Mother's Day here in France yesterday
so church was all about moms! The ward bought each mom a flower and
all the men sang families can be together forever during sacrament
meeting. It was super cute but a little obvious that hey had prepared
it last minute haha. Oh well, it's the thought that counts right? ;)

Things here in France are going great! All the Lyon missionaries had a
huge contacting/family history contacting activity on Saturday. It was
tons of fun! We had the family history center all set up with
different activities and there were missionaries on the street getting
people to come in. I was one of the missionaries on the street and it
was tons of fun! I never thought I would say this but I loved
contacting! I contacted for 3 hours straight! I was super tired after
but it was amazing! We saw so many miracles! Even contacted into
someone from Quebec! He told me he was from Canada and I totally
freaked out haha. I was so excited, I think I scared him a little but
that's ok, I still got his number so hopefully we'll be able to see
him this week!

Soeur Tupai is still pretty sick. We've been going to the dentist
every 2 days and her appointments are usually 2 hours long. So I've
been getting lots of reading in our my wonderful Sister Training
Leaders have come and we do an exchange so I can go out and work and
then one of them stays with Soeur Tupai. We had to stay home lots
still this week and I was finally so bored that I broke and cleaned
the whole apartment. It's was fairly clean to begin with but I like
scrubbed the floors, moved furniture to vacuum, like my apartment
would probably pass the mother test now!

I was really sad to hear about the death of Elder L. Tom Perry. But
I'm grateful to have the knowledge of the plan of salvation and to
know that he's now a missionary teaching all of the people who haven't
had the chance to hear the gospel left! I was comforted but the
thought that he might be teaching my very own ancestors! Thanks Elder
Perry!

Well we are off to Presidents house now for pday! All the Lyon
missionaries get to go to his house and play games with him and his
family.

Thanks for all the love you send me and the support you give me! I
love each and every one of you so much and I'm so grateful for this
opportunity I have to be here in France!

Je vous aime trop!
Soeur Kearney



No comments:

Post a Comment